PR | The Spirit of Liverpool festival
Freelance PR and marketing for a festival launch in Liverpool.
- Input in the timeline for the campaign
- Drafting and publishing social media posts
- Writing Producing and distributing press releases to relevant contacts
- Panellist alongside festival organisers on BBC Radio Merseyside
Journalism | Content creator | Purple Revolver
Paid internship at online digital media and review website
- Writing theatre and festival reviews
- Sourcing and creating multimedia features and news articles on a range of topics
- Shooting event footage to be edited and used online
- Planning PR campaigns
- Writing and distributing press releases to relevant contacts
Journalism | The I newspaper
Week long placement in newsroom.
- Developed copy writing skills by writing NIB’s to tight deadlines
- Transcribed lengthy interviews
Journalism | Liverpool Echo
Selected for the community reporter scheme by my university lecturers.
- Pitched and developed ‘people’ stories for a specific area of Liverpool
- Present at news conferences which gave me insight in to a typical newsroom
- Developed a better understanding of the basic statistics newspapers look at to assess productivity
Journalism |Liverpool Life | JMU Journalism
Took on multiple roles for my university magazine and news website.
- Sourced, pitched and produced multimedia packages for JMU Journalism and Liverpool Life
- Designed and edited pages for various issues of Liverpool Life using InDesign
- Developed leadership skills as editor and sub editor
- Demonstrated strong time management through my ability to juggle a number of projects at a time